Executive Director Position Summary:
The Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association is recruiting a dynamic team leader, business manager and chief advocate for our organization.
GPRTA has the awesome responsibility for capturing the pride and passion of our people, our natural settings, our diverse history, and our innovative industry and establishing Grande Prairie & Region as a destination.
Required Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of marketing, business theories, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations with proven ability to recruit, train and develop staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to provide leadership.
- Skills providing excellent customer service to a broad spectrum of community members and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a results driven environment.
- Ability to deal affirmatively with the public and co-workers.
- Proven abilities to develop, motivate and inspire a team of seasoned professionals.
- A background in tourism promotion or hospitality or related management experience in non profit or government sectors is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, business, marketing /public relations or public policy, preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of progressive sales, marketing and management experience.
- Previous experience with voluntary board governance and management.
- Proven track record interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-disciplined with strong interpersonal skills and ability to be an effective collaborator, innovator and leader.
- Experience in supervision with proven ability to recruit, train and develop staff.
- Develop and manage budget.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and google analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in preparing and delivering presentations.
- A solid track record of shaping, implementing and leading significant programs that have increased support from donors/members, partners, corporations and foundations.
Ability to perform with and without limitations: The Executive Director must maintain a valid Province of Alberta driver’s license, have good vision and hearing, be able to lift and/or move 45 pounds, and be able to bend, lift, stoop, walk and climb stairs.
- Extended local travel
- Occasional out of the area travel
- Frequent public contact
- This is a full-time salaried Executive Director position and may require evening or weekend work.
- This position reports to the Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association’s Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
- Review position requirements for your personal and professional fit.
- Submit resume to…. Mail in to Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association c/o “Executive Committee” #114-11330-106 Street Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 7X9 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The job posting will open Monday July 22nd, 2019.
- Resumes will be accepted until Saturday August 10th, 2019, only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews- No phone calls please.
This position description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association’s Board’s expectation is that each employee will make a willing and enthusiastic contribution whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Grande Prairie Regional Tourism Association.
Job Type: Full-time
- 5-7 years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year