Our interpretive tours of the nearby Pipestone Creek bonebed will take you out of the museum and straight to the fossils! Learn about the amazing discovery that cemented the Peace Region as a vital dinosaur destination and see the area yourself.
Cost: $5 per person
Times: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holiday Mondays
Departs: Pipestone Creek Park Day Use Area
Cost: $10 per person
Times: Saturdays and Sundays
Departs: Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum
*** Hiking shoes, water, sunscreen, bug spray and a hat are recommended.
Children (under the age of sixteen) must be accompanied by an adult.
Safety waivers must be signed by all participants.
Hike is subject to weather conditions.
- Bonebed tours – both walking and bus tours – include a walk of approximately 2.5km
- Due to the possible presence of wild animals, food and drink (other than water) are not allowed
• There are no washrooms available once the walk has begun; please plan accordingly
• Tours are limited to a maximum of 22 attendees per bus tour and 25 attendees per walking tour
• Registration and fees must be paid prior to the tour starting
• Registration and payment may be made online or in person at the front desk, or (for walking tours only) at Pipestone Creek
• Fees paid at Pipestone Creek must be paid in cash; cards, cheques, etc. will not be accepted
• Tours are weather-dependent, and may be cancelled in the event of adverse conditions